Our client is a global technology company that develops and manufactures hybrid cloud IT infrastructure, data protection and business continuity solutions with global enterprise service and support offerings. They have the capacity, capability, and competence to develop and support digital infrastructure to accelerate the growth of Africa’s digital economy.
JOB TITLE: Accounts Manager
The Accounts Manager will be will be a specialist in the IT infrastructure market or have a strong desire to be an IT Infrastructure specialist and have proven capability in selling complex technology solutions. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to learn emerging technologies and industry trends and also demonstrate how our software and hardware technologies solve the complex challenges of storing and protecting data on premise and in the cloud.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Marketing or related field
- Experience in Technology Sales (minimum 3years)
- Proven track record in advancing and selling IT infrastructure into Hybrid Cloud environments
- Previous experience in selling data protection and software-based solutions
- Ability to communicate and share insights with an executive audience that demonstrate thought-leadership in Data storage
- Possess strong understanding of Enterprise SW Applications, Converged Infrastructures, Cloud Computing and Big Data/Data Lakes
- Ability to articulate relevant business outcomes made possible with data storage solutions at the senior IT and C-suite executive level
- Customer-focused and responsive. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and known for developing strong relationships with clients and partners
- Experience of building strategic account plans and executing on these successfully
- Strong work ethic and an ability to work both independently and in team environments
- Highly developed presentation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage change and negotiate to positive outcomes internally and in client situations
- New Business and business development experience in new and named accounts
- Innovative and creative – examples of making things happen, changing direction, finding the right solutions at the right time for the client
- Ability to present to various sized audiences with considerable gravitas
- Strength in forecasting, accuracy around this and timely management therein
- Sales Specialist for IT solutions with close interlock to Client’s Portfolio account teams.
- Develop and execute territory plan to exceed revenue and growth objectives.
- Execute demand generation activities to build and maintain pipeline coverage.
- Develop a sales territory which consists of customers across multiple verticals.
- Maintains a complete knowledge of IT products, policies and services using the Integrated Sales Cycle; has specialized training within product and/or service lines.
- Initiates contacts with and manages difficult/tough prospects utilizing the Integrated Sales Cycle. May assist others with difficult/tough sales and solutions.
- Has a strong technical understanding of the client’s offering and knows when to engage technical support.
- May serve as project or initiative leader.
- Coordinate efforts and resources across marketing, sales, services, and channel resources to maximize results