Our client is a social business empowering the next generation of technology leaders in sub-Sahara Africa that reinvests its surplus in further training, network growth and local community support on the ground. Working with our client provides an excellent opportunity for career growth and development in a healthy and diverse work environment. Their talented and welcoming team will ensure you feel part of a family who will get you engaged on the job.
Our client’s training academy gives local youths the necessary digital skills for employment. Subsequently, successful Graduate Trainees are empowered to apply their acquired skills in the local and international job market.
JOB LOCATION: Takoradi, Ghana
Our client is looking for a strong and motivated Software Engineer to help build new and innovative products in a wide range of industries. You will be part of a dynamic, services first team in a client-oriented organisation that is passionate about customer experience.
- Hands-on development of the products that your team is continuously iterating on, including creating new experiences while ensuring high resilience, availability, and speed.
- Collaborate with colleagues in product design, product management and systems architecture to develop experimental solutions and bring great ideas to life.
- Market your new ideas internally and evolve them according to feedback and critique within an agile environment.
- Stay on top of industry trends and best practice to ensure our customer experience is the best it can be while delivering software quickly with high quality.
- Mentor junior software developers on design patterns, development, and DevOps best practices.
This position requires a minimum of:
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- At least five years of application development experience,
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS preferred
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Understanding of DevOps capabilities such as automated testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery preferred
- Proven experience of working in an international company or on projects for international clients